Book Reg. Product Description Product Details The endgame study, like the chess problem, eliminates over-the-board competition to concentrate on an invented endgame position carefully plotted to fox, bewilder, challenge, and otherwise stimulate the solver. Unlike problems, studies do not stipulate the number of moves to the solution; they demand a greater knowledge of endgame theory, thus becoming useful tools for actual players while giving "studyists" self-contained epiphanies of compositional art.
Studying endgame's learns you a lot about endgames itself and chess in general.
Endgame General Chess Books
That's why in the Russian or Sovjet school of chess young players always are taught the endgame first. This may seem counterintuitive, but is quit logical if one thinks about it.
- Champagne Charlie?
- At the Heart of the Union: Studies of the European Commission.
- Democratisation and Gender in Contemporary Russia?
- Inverse Commutator Subgroups?
- Problem Solving in Abdominal Imaging!
- Collections suggérées?
In the endgame you'll learn about the strength and weakness of the pieces, basic patterns, calculation and last but not least, the theoretical endgames themselves. Later on, if one improves as a chess player and meets players with the same strength, endgames may appear more and more often on the board. The endgame is a beautiful, interesting part of game of chess, and a lot of fun to study in depth.
This book can be considered as a modern endgame bible.
De La Villa writes that the approach towards the study of the endgame must be multi-staged and always keep pace with the player's overall playing level. Book Description Dover Publications Inc.
Chess Endgame Study by A J Roycroft - AbeBooks
Condition: New. Language: English.
- Lives of the necromancers: or, An account of the most eminent persons in successive ages, who have claimed for themselves, or to whom has been imputed by others, the exercise of magical power.
- About the author!
- Essays in Economic Policy and Economic Growth.
- Processor Microarchitecture: An Implementation Perspective.
- The Chess Endgame Study: A Comprehensive Introduction.
- As If Silent and Absent: Bonds of Enslavement in the Islamic Middle East.
Brand new Book. Roycroft, founder of the Chess Endgame Study Circle and editor of its magazine EG, presents this complete introduction to the endgame study. Roycroft writes the history of endgame study with its international roster of great theorists and composers; he directs an encyclopedic discourse to all varieties of chess lovers -- casual solvers, composers and connoisseurs, analysts and judges; and he offers over endgame studies dating from ninth-century Arabia to the present.
Seller Inventory AAC More information about this seller Contact this seller. Paperback or Softback.
Seller Inventory BBS Book Description Dover Publications, Never used!. Seller Inventory Brand New!.
- Collections similaires (20);
- Encyclopedia of Privacy [Two Volumes] [2 volumes];
- Account Options.
Book Description Dover Publications. Condition: Brand New. International Edition. Book Condition: New.